GQF 1502 or Dickey

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SED, Mar 14, 2011.

1. SED

SED Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    North West Alabama
    If you had to choose between one of these, which one would you choose and why? I have ehard good things on both and don't want to spend the money without a little due diligence!

2. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Can't help you with a comparison, but I just got a Dickey 2X2 a few weeks ago & I'm very happy with it! If personal service is important to you..go with the Dickey! [​IMG]

3. SED

Aug 4, 2009
    North West Alabama
    Thanks!

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I have an older, very well used dickey and it does GREAT!!!

5. thunderwagn

thunderwagn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado
    I was having the same struggle just a couple of weeks ago. I went with the Dickey. Ernest Dickey is a great guy and will do anything he can to help you out. The price was not as big as a factor as the customer service and build quality. I spent the better part of a day getting everything dialed in just right, and it has been rock solid since. I have not regretted getting the Dickey one bit. Plus, you will spend less on the Dickey. With 8 egg trays, and plexiglass door, it was $783 shipped to my door. And he suprised me with the humidity bucket set up! Call him up. Sure he would love to chit chat and pursued you. He really is a great guy. I love supporting the little guy.

6. SED

Aug 4, 2009
    North West Alabama
    I called Mr. Dickey today and ordered one. H said he would ship it out tomorrow (one of his workers had a death in the family or he would have shipped it out today) and I should get it by Friday!!! I did not get any extras and it was $591 shipped! I can't wait to get it!!!! Thanks everybody!

7. thunderwagn

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado
    I am sure you will be happy with it. I have only had mine a couple of
    Weeks, but its been doing great. U can also call him after u get it and he
    Is still more than happy to talk to you.

8. Colie <3

Colie <3 Collecting my Cuties

Feb 3, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    What's the egg capacity on Dickey incubators? How does they 2 x 2 work? Or any cabinet that you can incubate and hatch in at the same time? I thought the humidity difference for incubating/hatching would be a problem is it?

[​IMG]

9. thunderwagn

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado
    I have the incubator with 3 turning trays and hatcher at bottom. For chickens it would be 3 racks of 96 eggs each. So 3x96=288. And you could theoretically have another 96 or so in the hatcher... Thats chicken eggs. Large duck, turkey, goose eggs would be less. Small eggs like quail would be substancially more. I like the fact that I can do staggered hatches.
    I love my Brinsea, but after I really got going and needed to hatch more eggs at a time, I was incredibly limited.
    I love the freedom a larger cabinet gives.

A.T. Hagan has a 2x2. You can ask him about it. I think he is very happy with it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  10. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    The 2X2 is a unit with 2 turning trays & 2 hatching trays.

SED...you're going to be really happy with your choice. I also spent most of a day getting it tuned in just right...holding steady since! I love the fact that you can talk to Mr. Dickey anytime! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by