Gqf 1588 worth it??

badwhiskey

Songster
9 Years
Mar 29, 2013
I have a Brisnea 20 advance and I like it but need something bigger...just bought a 1588 to pair up with the Brisnea...what can I expect from this styro unit? I have heard of temp spikes?

The Genesis 1588 with electronic controls is probably the most stable styrofoam incubator available. I've got 2 of them and they work really well.

When you get it, fire it up and put water in one slot of the tray at a time. Let it run long enough to come up to temperature and record the humidity level. Then change slots. Do this to all the slots individually and then do combinations.

I did this and keep the notes handy so I know which slots to fill to get the desired humidity levels.

I would recommend getting a second thermometer/hygrometer to use with it. The unit displays the readings up near the fan not down near the eggs.

The Genesis 1588 with electronic controls is probably the most stable styrofoam incubator available. I've got 2 of them and they work really well.

When you get it, fire it up and put water in one slot of the tray at a time. Let it run long enough to come up to temperature and record the humidity level. Then change slots. Do this to all the slots individually and then do combinations.

I did this and keep the notes handy so I know which slots to fill to get the desired humidity levels.

I would recommend getting a second thermometer/hygrometer to use with it. The unit displays the readings up near the fan not down near the eggs.
xs 2. It's the only styro I would recommend at this point. The only negative thing that I know of is somewhere in small print it states not to run humidity over 65% percent and I do know at least two people who have had to reset the system due to this.

Ok sounds great...like I said my Brisnea 20 is awesome but what can beat the 1588 in price and features
1f633.png

Back
Top Bottom