1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GQF turner in LG

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenChaps, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ChickenChaps

ChickenChaps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Malabar, FL
    Ive seen lots of questions and answers regarding if the Little Giant egg turner will work in the Hovabator - saying yes.
    Is the opposite true?
    Will the GQF egg turner work in a Little Giant 9200?
    I would assume so, but I emailed the place that has an egg turner and the reply was no.
    the reply said:
    These turners are meant for the GQF Hovabater incubators only....
    They just cya? Or will it not work?

Thanks for any advice!

2. stickers

stickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Hudson
    I believe they are identical. I have both incubators and I use the turners interchangably.

3. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    yes they are the same size

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    they are interchangeable,, BUT If I remember correctly, the GQF goes in quite tightly into the LG base.. You have to compress the styrofoam in the corners a bit to make it fit..

the LG turner holds 48 eggs compared to the 42 of the GQF..

5. ChickenChaps

ChickenChaps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Malabar, FL
    Thanks folks! Ill try to find the LG turner to prevent problems. [​IMG]

6. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:I just bought a LG turner from TSC two weeks ago and it only holds 42 eggs. They recommend only using 41 eggs and not placing an egg next to the turner motor.

7. gingerly1983

gingerly1983 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2013
    Grand Ridge, Fl
    I know this is an old thread, but I have the same kind of question and I'm hoping someone can answer!!!
    If I bought quail egg racks for the Hova Bator turner, can I interchange them and put them in the LG turner?? I haven't bought the LG turner yet, I just want to make sure I can switch them out before I press 'Place Order'. Any info would be appreciated. :)

8. Sycamore27

Sycamore27 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Durham, NC
    I don't have an answer to that question, but I have a related one about using egg turners with incubators of different brands. Will a Farm Innovators turner operate okay in an LG incubator?
    I see they hold the same number of eggs, and look like they should be identical in size... but then the Hovabator looks like it should be the same size in photos too.
    Anyone have experience trying to interchange them?
    Cheers,
    Jessie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by