Grace is a LIVE WIRE!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redyre Rotties, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    So the last 2 days have been SO MUCH FUN.

With Harley gone, I have become the playmate. I have been spending a lot of time with Grace playing.

She is going to be SO MUCH FUN to train. She has a LONG attention span for a puppy her age, and she is very determined.

She LOVES to chase and retrieve, and is doing really great on her bite inhibition with people. At the same time, on the stuffy toys she has such a full grip! I mean she likes to BITE.

She has a very intense quality about her. I am getting lots of good eye contact, and she is bringing the toys back almost every time to play tug.

She comes EVERY time I call her, at a run.

I think as soon as she is able to get out, I am going to start some tracking with her. I also am DETERMINED to get her on stock, early. She has some of the most intense eye and stalking behavior/postures that I have ever seen in a Rottweiler.

Look out world.

In the words of Randy Johnson, I GOT A HOT ONE HERE!!!!!

2. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    How old is Grace? Im working with a boxer puppy that is alot like you described you puppy. Weirdly her name is Gracie lol

3. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    She is 7 weeks. [​IMG]

I expect to have her ready for Rally Novice right at 6 mos!

4. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Mine is now 5 months. I am raising her to be a companion service dog for my brother who came back from Iraq with moderate PTSD. I temperment tested the litter and chose her specifically for her sweet compliant nature. I believe she would do well in rally and am hoping to convince my brother to get her titled in obedience and then keep her working not only for her mental health but for his as well. She is a pretty little reverse brindle. I did rally for fun with both of my dobies. I wish more people would get involved in the working rings for both their dogs and themselves. I love to see a joyful dog working. When you get a special little firecracker like your Grace doesnt it just make your heart sing to see them grow and learn and excel?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by