Grammar and spelling are a thing of the past!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cackydoodledoo, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    I know this bugs more people than just me!!!! I will start off by saying that the grammar and spelling of most of the people on here is decent. I understand that these subjects are just not some people's cup of tea. What bothers me is places like our local news station will post on FB and their posts are full of grammar and spelling mistakes. I see letters, emails, etc.... from "professional" people all the time that are just hideous!!! What has happened to our education system that we don't teach kids the importance of good grammar and spelling? Or is that employers don't really care as long as you can convey the message so others understand??

Please tell me that this irks others? [​IMG]

2. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    I totally agree!!! A lot of other people I know have NO clue what the differences are of "They're", "Their", and "There"!!! So I see tons of "We should totally go their!!!"... Also, it irks me when people type with caps on and off (ie, "HeLlO"...) .

[​IMG]

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I totally understand where you are coming from on this. The hospital in the neighboring town is really bad for grammar mistakes. In the drop off/pick up lane, they had these huge signs with several errors on them. Out in public where everyone could see! Things like "For Senior Citizen's only." Or the incorrect use of "there and their". It drives me crazy!! Companies and employers really need to check their spelling on things before everyone sees them.

4. cackydoodledoo

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Quote:Off topic but the song you have quoted in your signature is awesome!!!

5. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

in highschool they stop spelling

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I might just be a teen myself, but i am appalled by the incorrect grammar used by my peers, whether typing, writing, texting (eurgh [​IMG]) or even just talking! But I guess that since my Mom is a grammar teacher, it just goes with the territory that I get uptight about such things [​IMG]

7. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually

Thank you so much! It is "More Beautiful You" by Johnny Diaz. I love the message in it. Thanks for commenting!!

8. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I am considering homeschool for my daughter because of this very thing.

9. cackydoodledoo

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA

Thank you so much! It is "More Beautiful You" by Johnny Diaz. I love the message in it. Thanks for commenting!!

They play it on the radio station I listen to all the time! My girls and I love it. Another favorite is "On Our Knees" by Toby Mac. They make me crank it up!!!

10. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Not to mention punctuation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by