grammys make me feel old

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by muddyhorse, Feb 13, 2011.

1. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    its loud
    so flashy
    who are these people ?
    why did that blond woman have horns [​IMG]

2. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    You and me both, staring at the tv shaking my head in either disgust or state of dis-belief is not my idea of a good time.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  3. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I thought the ninjas had come to end justin beiber beaver (whatever ) reign of terror guess not

4. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    I'm 24 and I think the same.

What did Lady Gaga do to her face!?! I kind of like the anti-fashion thing she has going on though. At least she's not another Britney. (or at least she's a britney packaged differently!)

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You think that's bad...when I saw the title of the thread, I thought "Grandmothers make me feel old". The awards didn't even occur to me, LOL. [​IMG] Who calls themselves "GaGa" anyway? Good grief.

7. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    I know what you mean. Such things don't make me feel old, though, more like out of touch.

Last year I listened to the top songs of 2009 on the radio. Fully half of them were just sampled, boom-boom, techno-rave, rap crapola.
    The rest were lackluster, with only a few standouts among the clutter. There was very little actual musicianship to be heard anywhere.

But almost universally, I hadn't a clue who the artists were or what they were yammering on about.

"Poke her face?"

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Lady Gaga has invented herself to what you see in pictures. In truth, she is probably the smartest business woman in music since Madonna. Not to say I like either one, but I certainly appreciate a woman that can turn herself into a multi millionaire by the age of 24. And, because of her costumes, no one has a clue what she really looks like, so she can lead a normal life!!! You see what she wants you to see. I respect that.

And Justin Beiber looks like a lighter haired Donny Osmond. Hairdo and all.

9. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:Lady Gaga has invented herself to what you see in pictures. In truth, she is probably the smartest business woman in music since Madonna. Not to say I like either one, but I certainly appreciate a woman that can turn herself into a multi millionaire by the age of 24. And, because of her costumes, no one has a clue what she really looks like, so she can lead a normal life!!! You see what she wants you to see. I respect that.

And Justin Beiber looks like a lighter haired Donny Osmond. Hairdo and all.

Hmmm..... fortunately for Lady Gaga, she is also more than willing to provocatively bare her skin down to the skivvies.
    There are plenty of managers and promoters who are happy to cash in on THAT.
    She didn't do it all by herself, and certainly not on her so-called talent alone.

Sometimes we also see what we want.

10. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Quote:I google'd Lady Gaga recently out of morbid curiosity and her moniker is because she'd always listen to Radio Gaga by Queen to pump her up before recording sessions and one day her producer texted her calling her "Lady Gaga" and a lightbulb went off and she insisted everyone call her that after that point.

Probably it was really invented in a marketing meeting with a bunch of guys in expensive suits.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by