grand baby has pnuemonia update: back in the hospital

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Dec 18, 2010.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    he went to the ER last week they did a chest Xray and told DD he was fine and sent him home. DD got a call from the hospital today(1 hole week later) that he has pnuemonia and to get him back to the hospital. so they are back at th ER getting a chest Xray to see how bad it is. he has been sick for over a week went to 2 different ERs and his doctor and everyone says he was fine. we r so mad right now, I am waiting for the call on what the are gonna do for him

Update:The baby was sent home. he is still very very congested. they originally said when he went home he will need breathing treatments but the doctor who released him said he doesnt need it. poor baby is miserable... he goes to see his pediatrician today...

U[date... He was admitted to another hospital with pneumonia : (

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    How old is he? Soon as they get him on some treatments he should be fine. It is very frustrating to have a sick baby and know something is wrong but count on the dr.'s to make the right diagnosis. Your daughter did everything she could have to make sure he was taken care of properly by seeking professional help in case her son needed to be prescribed meds. Frustrating as it may be it is good to know that now he can be on the road to recovery with the right treatment.

I would assume she would probably get a nebulizer that has a mask and some meds (arbuterol may be one) with it to inhale for home treatments and you should see improvement within 3 days. At least this is my experiance with my children. Hope he gets to feeling well soon. Take care and remember sometimes we have to be our own advocates and push and insist when we know things aren't right. I'm assuming some one with more of a trained eye looked at it...as things like this tend to get passed down the line and it got to that person who indeed did find some cloudy area of the chest and said in fact it was pneumonia.

Last winter I had pnuemonia and at the ER my chest x-ray looked ok...maybe a little something there and they were about to send me home with an inhaler but then because of my heart condition they did a CT scan and that machine was able to tell it was more severe than what they had originally thought and I was hospitalized for 3 days. I was also made aware of a vaccine for pnuemonia and opted to get that while I was there. Maybe you should see if it's available for children.

Take care and hope the baby gets to stay home for his treatments.

hugs,
    gretch

3. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    he is 2 1/2 months old. just got out of the hospital 2 -3 weeks ago... he was a preemie. doctor admitted him before they even did the 2nd xray because he is having a really hard time breathing..

4. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    the bad thing is after he was born that part of his lung colapsed twice... hopefully it doesnt do that again

5. quietheart

quietheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Ramer, TN
    We'll keep y'all in our prayers.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

7. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    He has never left our prayers but we will amp them up a bit. I know its hard when they are this small and sick. I would be furious about this screw up. There is no reason it should have taken a week. My little gal( also a preemie) was super sick and we thought she was in the same boat. We were sent for xrays and were told before we left that she was in the clear. They called the dr, faxed information and then had the doctor tell us the news and what to do and what follow up he wanted. All this before we were allowed to leave the office.

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] For the poor little guy, Mom and the rest of the family.

Medicine has come SO far, your little one has an excellent chance of conquering this hurdle, and that of early birth... it might be a long road, but there's no reason he can't have a wonderful life. You'll be in my thoughts.

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Prayers for the little one!

10. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Praying for y'all and the 'lil man [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by