Grand daughter with my chickens

Reno

Songster
7 Years
May 7, 2016
isla.jpg

You have a great little chicken herder there. Sounds like you need a different rooster stat.

Roosters are generally very dangerous to young children because they are lower to the ground and easier to spur. Yours shouldn't be attacking your wife & daughter. Never a good reason to keep a bad roo.

Cute picture! Going to agree with Diva.. that roo might not be bothered by your granddaughter yet but he will be. The fact he chases your wife and daughter is just the beginning. He will attack the baby sooner or later and it will hurt her. My rooster took a jab at my 8 year old one day, no reason why. Cut his leg bad. He is now no longer a problem for us. :)
Gone are the days of us running from the rooster.

You have a great little chicken herder there. Sounds like you need a different rooster stat.

Roosters are generally very dangerous to young children because they are lower to the ground and easier to spur. Yours shouldn't be attacking your wife & daughter. Never a good reason to keep a bad roo.
My wife and daughter act afraid of "Jacks" so he picks up on that and chases them. He doesn't go at anyone else including my granddaughter who hand feeds him with no problem. I never have her out with the chickens unless I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom