grandbaby got strep throat UPDATE: Ayden is at the ER this morning.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Dec 3, 2010.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    he just went to the doctor tuesday and got a great bill of health... he had to go back this morning becay=use he was cranky all night. he has now come down with strep throat. not sure were he got it from. he hasnt been around too many people except when he went to the doctor. there was a little girl in the well baby waiting room who had a runny nose. not sure if thats where he got it or not

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Is this the new baby?? Poor little guy!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Bless your heart, How much more? Praying.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh the poor little guy! Strep is NO fun at all for anyone but for a little one... [​IMG]

Just try and do everything possible to not spread it. Someone else already goofed, and your little guy landed with it... no need to spread the misery any further.

DH just got over a throat thing, NOT strep, but still hurting. Hot tea (I used earl gray) with a Tablespoon of honey and 1/4 of a (small) lemon made him feel better. But if your little one is REAL little honey wouldn't be safe... bacteria thing? Is it 1 year or 2 years or ? that it's safe for little ones? Anywho, it's a thought... medicine is icky but something sweet might go down smoother.

5. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Its the new baby... he has only been around 4 people at home and went to the doctors office( he didnt go to the wic office got a doctors note saying he cant be there). the only place he could have gotten it was his doctors office. no one else has been sick. dd went to the doctor to find out if she has it but I havent heard from her yet. we wash our hands and germ x before we even touch him , he doesnt go outside, and no one but the ones living there and me are even allowed in the apartment. we have become germaphobs when it comes to him

6. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Sorry chixie! Gosh, that little guy just can't catch a break for long, can he? Praying for you [​IMG]

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Most respiratory ailments can be passed through the air. Could be someone down the street who has it and coughed, and the wind spread the germs. Or at the hospital or doctor's office or ... just about anywhere. So sorry (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) and ///////////////////prayers\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

8. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    my kids had strep when we brought our preemie home a few months ago and the Dr. told us he couldn't catch it????? That is weird. Maybe because I was breastfeeding?

9. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    They can catch anything... my cousins baby had it when he was 3 weeks old... (that was 2 months ago)... we were told his immune system is way underdeveloped. and since he had so many problems and its flue and cold season to be extra careful

10. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Probably got it from the doctors office. I have taken a kid in just to have them checked after having a nasty fall and my next visit is 4 kids with strep. Loverly. So sorry the baby has this. Hopefully they gave him some very nice meds. Usually if you catch it quick strep is a pretty quick one to get over.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by