Grandpa Feeder question

FrannyLW

Songster
5 Years
Aug 15, 2018
Central NJ
My grandpa feeder is about 3 years old, I used it with my original birds, but ended up taking it away cause I got new birds who didn't get the hang of it. Well I am trying again. I'm 2 weeks in with the beginning setting. . I see 3 of the 5 are eating out of it. My chickens hate eating out of anything except the ground. Will they get the hang of it? Will see next week when it goes down a setting.

Ok let’s maybe refrain the question since I got no answers🧐. Anyone ever have chickens that do not understand how the feeder works even after weeks of training? By the way I am now on week 3 and my Ayam Cemanis don’t look like they understand.

The problem is the design, the overhead door. Once you follow the instructions and block the door open the chickens "learn" that the lid isn't supposed to move so they have to unlearn that part. Very poor design, made in China as well.

But, to try to get some use out of the feeder for the money you invested, I have to assume that you are feeding the birds anyway by throwing the feed on the ground. Otherwise they would be dead after 3 weeks. If so, stop doing that, when they are starving they will use the feeder.

Back
Top Bottom