Grandparents came to visit the ducks today

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    forgot to post earlier that my grandparents came over to see our "zoo" as they call it and my grandpa was just amazed and excited about Pip and Zip, my indoor ducks. It was so cool / funny - his reaction. He kept saying stuff like " I cant believe this even though im seeing it" . I guess it just made me happy that I was able to bring a smile to his face multiple times today just from having my little bits in the house. They even had a nap on his lap while we were playing card games. Sweetest thing ever

2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

That is just too adorable. you should have gotten a picture! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Aw thats so cute!! indoor ducklings are awesome! i really want one but i'm not sure what breed either. already have scovies so prob not that breed. maybe a call duck or something lol. My grandad is a big softie when it comes to my ducklings lol. I'm hand raising them to get them all good homes [​IMG]
    I saw your photos of them on your other post, your so lucky!

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    That's cool. I want ducks, but not inside i don't think. [​IMG]

5. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Awwwww duckles like grandpaaaaa [​IMG]

6. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    when Joe showed his father his baby ducklings for the first time on christmas he said, "Oh hello baby ducks, say hi to grandpa!" lol it was too funny/cute

7. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Ducks and grandpas can be an awesome thing.

My grandpa has always been a tough hard man. Meanness pours out of his sweat. You need tough skin in order to spend a day with him because he doesn't like anyone.

Well, I went to visit him when I was in Florida recently. I happen to like him. I started showing him pictures of my ducks and talking about how much I would love to have a real pond. He looked hard at the pictures and couldn't believe that there were ducks out there that looked like that. He laughed at the runners... laughed! Then he shocked me by saying something to the affect of, "Too bad ya don't live here, we'd take the backhoe down by the crick and dig ya out a real pond." He wanted me to get in the truck with him so he could show me just where we'd put it. We get in the truck and as we're riding along he started telling me how much he has always loved ducks. I heard stories from his youth from when he use to rescue any animal that was in need. He must have seen my jaw hanging down at my belly button because he looked at me and then said, "wars change boys and men."

We get to this perfect site on his property and it's almost like he's ready to go get the backhoe right that instant and make me a pond. I don't know what to say so I start crying. I can't believe this is the same man I've known my entire life. He puts his arms around me and tells me to keep in mind if I ever need a pond and want to come back to Florida, I'd have a home for myself and my ducks.

We get back in the truck and he says, "you shouldn't walk around with boobs that big." I reply with, "what if I bought a hover-round? Could I hover-round with 'em?" Now that's my grandpa.

Writing this made me cry... lol

8. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I think Grandpa needs some ducks !!!!!!!

9. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    my grandparents are too stuck up to come and see my ducks they dont think theyre as important their show horses! my other grandpa and my great grandpa love my ducks and they even helped me build a coop at my old house!!!! thts so cool grandpas can be pretty awesome!!!

10. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    My grandma Hildebrand will be coming down from New Hampshire in a couple weeks.. She is 92.. I can't wait for her to see my ducks.. She was raised on a farm so I know she will apprecitate them...
    all my other grandparents are gone now.. But I know they would of enjoyed them too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by