M.sue

Songster
8 Years
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Hello,
I am so excited to be a new member. Growing up I spent 98.9% of my time on my grandparents farm. The most cherished memory I have and value is waking up in the summer mornings with the sun peaking through the blinds and hearing the rooster's crow. My husband and I built our home on my grandparents farmland and have 2 children. I want them to experience and value some of the simple pleasures in life such as being able to run out to the garden to grab a tomato when needed, to run out to the coop and snatch an egg or two and of course....wake to the rooster's crow! We have had our chicks for 9 weeks now and they are growing like bad weeds! The kids enjoys them and they are a great social topic for friends when they stop by. We have 3 Buff Orpingtons, 4 Isa Browns, 2 Bantams (one being the rooster) and 3 Black Somethings.....I can't remember what they are, Sussex, Sexlinks, whatever. Anyway we are thrilled to be chicken owners and can't wait to reap the rewards. I joke about having a little egg route like my grandfather did to family and select friends. Who knows, that may come true! M.sue

theoldchick

The Chicken Whisperer
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
May 11, 2010
How neat you were able to build on the grandparent's farm!

M.sue

Songster
8 Years
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. It may take me a bit to figure out the forum and how the whole thing operates...profile, search, uploads, etc.....all that stuff....but I will!

Top Bottom