Grannie's Quilt "Clarified"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bamadominaker, Apr 22, 2008.

1. bamadominaker

bamadominaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Hi all,

Long but sweet. My grannie will be 80 on May 17th, on April 16th she had a breast removed, she made it through surgery and is now home recovering. We now know that she has cancer in her lymph nodes. To my point, I would like to make her a quilt and I was wondering if you all would be willing to donate a block. I think it would make her extermely happy to know she has support from people who don't know her; and the fact that I have found such wonderful people. Our family has been in term-oil for over 3 years, and I just wanted her to know that we love her and we are proud of her for everything she has done. The colors of your blocks are not important, I would like one thing on it some how. Your state, and BYC nick would be great. Writing it with a fabric marker is fine. I am going to try and put a pink ribbon in the middle. So, if you are interested please let me know.

Sorry So Long Winded.

Aimie

[​IMG] [​IMG] :)edit for block size 12.5 x 12.5, pattern does not matter and 12.5 x 12.5 finished is right size. Use of scrap cloth is fine, I am going for a unique old fashion can't afford to buy cloth look. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Just PM me with you address and I will send one off. How big do you need the patch to be?

3. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Sure, just pm me with you add. and I will send one too. What inch do you need the block to be? This just makes me feel all warm and tingly inside already. Tell Gram all our prayers are with her as well as with your whole family.

4. bamadominaker

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Thank you all so much, hopefully it will be a success. i know she will love it. [​IMG]

5. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    Sorry I can't help with the quilt, (I can't sew) but I wanted to send my best wishes and let you know I will pray for your gramma and your family. Grandma's are very special people and I think it's wonderful that you are doing this for her.

6. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    I'll do one. What size does it need to be?

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I am an avid quilter. What size block do you need? PM me your address. I'm sure I can help out.

8. bamadominaker

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    I'm glad everyone is so thoughtful even those of you whom can't sew. It's the thought and prays that will get us through and this is a way for me to say thank you to her. I am going to put some pieces of my children's clothing in my squares. I know she will love it.

Again thank you so much,
    Aimie

9. bamadominaker

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I keep forgetting to give the size. 12.5 x 12.5. would be great. Sorry for the confusion. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] maybe before the end of the day i'll be ok. Aimie

I just wanted to say Thanks again. If you all don't mind and can get them to ASAP, I would greatly appreciate it. I will hopefully have it done by the time we go home at the end of May. I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  10. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    I told my Grandma about your Grandma and she said she wanted to send a quilt block also. I hope this is alright.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by