Grapes-Apples-Pears-Peaches

TillinWithMyPeeps

Waiting for Spring...
11 Years
Aug 22, 2008
Ohio
On the Treat Chart, grapes are listed as seedless only Is there any reason for this?

Will grape seeds hurt chickens?

Thanks!
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know the answer to that question, but I'd like to find out.

I've fed mine MANY seedless grapes over the summer and fall.

The seeds of apples are toxic (cyanogenic - aka - capable of producing cyanide), tho I don't think they are very strong. I pick them out before I give mine cores.

Mine LOVE apples and grapes, and with the grapes they are quite snobbish and insist I tear them open and hold them while they peck out the insides. Really, it has nothing to do with me babying them at all.

Not sure about why no seeded grapes?

I know that grapes shouldnt be fed to dogs, but I don't know the content of the grape that makes it poisonious to them. Could be the seeds as wellbut i am not sure.

As for apple seeds, you'd have to eat massive amounts of apple seeds to kill you or an animal. I've fed apples to my quail, my past horses, and goats and none ever died enjoying an apple a week with seeds.

Quote:
I don't know how my Australian Shepherd is going to take it when I tell her she can't have any more grapes. She's 9 years old & they've always been one of her favorites.
The internet is a great resource but it can also be a great source of misinformation. Just because someone posts something here or on any other site doesn't make it true. There is no filter to prevent people from posting info that's just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom