Grapes the Chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by zephyricle, Feb 4, 2017.

1. zephyricle

zephyricle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2017
    California
    So this is my child, BabyGrapes 2.0
    Grapes is a hatchery easter egger whom I have come to love. She is also a little **** but that is okay.

[​IMG]

Her name comes from her predecessor Grapes, who passed away last year.
    [​IMG]

In which I drew a tribute picture of the above photo
    [​IMG]

So when I lost my girl, I decided to claim another Grapes and make her the heir to the grape throne.
    Grapes is a very happy girl who enjoys talking. She lives with the pullets at the shop, but at night she is put inside (since the last grapes was taken out by an owl at night).
    When I first claimed her, I carried her around all day. She wasn't much of a fussy bird either. At the end of the day, I could set her down and walk away to come back to her still sitting in the same spot. Such an obe diet little baby.
    [​IMG]

She has a boyfriend named Merlot. (Named after the color of his feathers) who is just as gorgeous.
    [​IMG]
    They are both blue based, and I'm hoping to hatch some beautiful chicks out of the pair

2. chippy99th

chippy99th Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2016
    Arizona
    Oh my goodness, she's beautiful! (And Merlot is very handsome.) Makes me wish my old EE, who was very much a pet & family member like yours. Also, your art skills are amazing! Seriously, I wish I could draw like that!

3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    I love Grapes! Especially the fact she has chicken legs in her drawing! :lau

1 person likes this.
  4. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    She's a pretty girl, glad you are enjoying each other's company. Merlot is handsome too. Hope you get some beautiful chicks from them!

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Beautiful! Enjoy your birds!

6. zephyricle

Feb 4, 2017
    California
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My good chicken

7. zephyricle

Feb 4, 2017
    California
    Someone has stolen my dear grapes Sunday night :'(

8. zephyricle

Feb 4, 2017
    California
    So me and QueenMisha are going to the poultry auction in Roseville tomorrow to see if grapes will be there. If anyone else is going, I hope you can help me find my girl :(

9. zephyricle

Feb 4, 2017
    California
    Grapes has not yet returned :( but thankfully, we hatched chicks today from her eggs! I'm really happy they were firtile
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by