1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GRAPHIC! I'm a goat grandma! PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lilshadow, Feb 1, 2009.

1. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Alice gave birth tonight at 8:30, I went out to check on my Alice, and there they were 3 beautiful kids. Two boys black and white, and one girl solid white. The little girl is the runt of the kids, and she isn't doing to well. I can't get her to drink and she is week. I have a heat lamp in the birth stall with them. I am worried sick. Will mom keep them warm. My stomach is in knots right now, and I want to spend the night in the barn. I have to work in the morning. If I didn't have to work I would be spending the night with them in the stall. I have no one to stay with the little one so that it can get fed every 4 hours. I put it in the hands of God, and on momma Alice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pray that this little one makes it through the night. They are so cute. Now I need names for them. Any idea's

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    They are so cute. I will be praying for the little one. Let us know tomorrow how she is doing.
    Chris

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    My they are sweet
    I will pray for there health

4. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Is there a way for you to get some colostrum into the white one.

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I really Hope the little girl makes it! They are all so precious!!! [​IMG]

6. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    They really are pretty! I would worry more about the doeling's body temp getting regulated than feeding right now.
    Put your finger inside of her mouth and if it feels cold she will need to be brought inside and put on a heating pad until she can maintain her body heat. You can milk momma and feed her with a bottle once she is warmed up. Or carry her back outside to eat from mom...but keep her warm.
    I hope they all do well for you.

7. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Good Luck to you and your three cuties!!! [​IMG]

8. SheriM

SheriM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm a working goat mom too, and when I have a kid that I can't monitor as often as I'd like, I tube feed her with the dam's colostrum. With kids that size, I'd go with 2 - 3 oz. Then I'm certain she's got the warmth and nutrition she needs to get her motor going.

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    You need to milk out mom a little and get it into that baby. The little girl needs colostrum ASAP.

10. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I just saw this thread... how are the babies doing, especially that little girl?

I've been right where you are... it's awful to be so worried about the little darlings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by