***GRAPIC PHOTOS***Prolapsed Vent

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cockadoodlemom, Sep 22, 2008.

1. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Songster

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    She is 2 yrs 5 months. My son spotted her bleeding and she is as fast as lightning so we waited till everyone had gone to roost. When DH & me first got to her to take a look there was more sticking out than in these photos. [​IMG] she pooded on me but was nothing but liquid. Once in the house she started contracting it back in and by the time I got thru gently pouring warm water over her there was nothing protruding out. She does have a sore where everyone has been picking at her. She has been thru a lot~2 dogs playing tug of war with her (they don't come around anymore [​IMG] )~then coyote attack @ 10 am [​IMG]. I just thought I would share this info & pictures so it may help others.
    ***********WARNING GRAPIC PHOTOS**************

[​IMG]
    Before I cleaned her

[​IMG]

After I cleaned her off
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tucked away in my tub so she can heal
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. I dont know which you need more, a fence or a shotgun! Dogs and coyotes would catch you know what if they ever played tug o war with one of my birds! [​IMG]

I hope it all clears up. Looks like your doing a good job caring for her so far. [​IMG]

Thanks for the pics. I've never seen that before!

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Poor girl has been through a lot. She will definitely need a rest and to be kept separate from chickens for a while until she heals up. Good luck with her. She looks quite alert and should heal up just fine for you.

Jody

4. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Songster

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    I think she will heal up and be good in a few days. The dogs ripped the front of her neck open and about 2 months after the darn coyete got her backside. She never did grow all her feathers back on her backside. Now I just sit and pray that she can come thru this.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: