gratuitous kitty pic!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by crtrlovr, Nov 13, 2008.

1. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I'm trying to get the photo posting thing right, so here's another practice pic. This sweet girl is Lila. She's a dear, sweet natured and loving. (although in this photo she looks more like she's ready to box somebody's jaws!!)

[​IMG]

edited for dumb typo ... [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  2. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Very cute! Looks like she is having a bad day! Very Pretty I love the dilute calicos.

3. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    She is wicked pretty !!! I really like the colors of a dilute calico . I have the standard calicos but mine are short hairs i love the long hairs !!!

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Wow, very pretty! Lovely coloring and unique! I don't think I've seen many dilute calicoes with long fur.

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

she reminds me a great deal of my longhaired dilute calico I lost to kidney failure and cancer a few years back. They're very similar in disposition; Madam was like my daughter. Every night she slept in the crook of my arm, and losing her took a part of my heart. I lost a black & white ASH 4 months to the day after madam died -- Houdini also had cancer. I asked the vets about it, and they said that the unusually high cancer rate in this area is reflected in the animals too, not just the humans. [​IMG] I actually saw Lila while I was across the river in Illinois. She was a stray, and had begun eating with another cat an acquaintance was taking care of for an elderly lady. The lady's cat was being relocated b/c the lady was going to a nursing home. I asked what would happen to the stray (now known as Lila) and they said, " we don't know, we're only here to feed this one, and since it's going away, we won't be coming back". At that point my heart overrode my head and I put her in the van with me. She seemed to know I was going to take care of her, and she's been here ever since. That was about 2 yrs. ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by