Gray or blue Silkie?

Linda1218

Songster
Oct 7, 2019
What color is this Silkie consider to be? Blue or gray ?

Attachments

• 473E634E-C9DE-461C-B8EC-99AAAB642257.jpeg
    473E634E-C9DE-461C-B8EC-99AAAB642257.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • C4FC0174-5834-4DA4-AE9D-A0BB249E7F47.jpeg
    C4FC0174-5834-4DA4-AE9D-A0BB249E7F47.jpeg
    836.7 KB · Views: 11
Thanks !! Also I have a question I have a paint rooster what color you think would pair nicely with him to breed?
Paint is one copy of dominant white (most silkies are recessive white) and one copy of black. Best to pair him with black if you have a black hen. You can use blue as well. With blue you may get paint chicks with blue or black patches. Dominant white, does really dominate and will affect pretty much any color you pair him with.
Search under "paint breeding" and you will get many threads describing in detail.
I have a young paint cockerel as well and I am looking forward to see what colors I get with my hens.😊

Paint is one copy of dominant white (most silkies are recessive white) and one copy of black. Best to pair him with black if you have a black hen. You can use blue as well. With blue you may get paint chicks with blue or black patches. Dominant white, does really dominate and will affect pretty much any color you pair him with.
Search under "paint breeding" and you will get many threads describing in detail.
I have a young paint cockerel as well and I am looking forward to see what colors I get with my hens.😊

Thanks !! At the moment I have a partridge , black , and a blue hens.

Thanks !! At the moment I have a partridge , black , and a blue hens.
I have a splash, two different color partridge and a recessive white. I read not to use recessive white and partridge with paint, but I am breeding for type and not color, so I am OK with it.😊

Back
Top Bottom