Great as if hatching wasn't stressful enough!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NoseyChickens, May 14, 2010.

1. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Day 21 on some bantam frizzle polish eggs from TurtleFeathers. First egg to pip pipped on it's side!!! Not the end. I candled before lockdown, all was well. UGH!! Biting my nails now ( and I just had them done today!)

2. chickee

chickee Songster

Quote:Try not to worry [​IMG] My last hatch the first to pip, pipped so low that I thought it was done for. It just sat breathing out its hole for 31 hours! Finally it started to zip real fast and when it kicked off the top of the egg, the little guy was upside down with his feet sticking up in the air! [​IMG] It took awhile for him to figure out how to get out of the shell (eggs were set in a carton) but once he did he was fine![​IMG] He is now a beautiful 6 week old BLRW rooster![​IMG]

3. NoseyChickens

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I had a really bad hatch last week (thermometer was wrong!). So i am really hoping for some great luck with this one. Thanks for the encouragement!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh honey it will be ok. I have bad hatches all the time!!! I would LOVE to have a 90% hatch!!!!

5. chickee

chickee Songster

Quote:Your welcome ~ and for further incouragement, here is a picture of my upside down miracle chick. How the heck did this chick turn in the egg to zip!? [​IMG] Hope your little guy is as determined to hatch as mine was!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Will be watching for an update [​IMG]

6. NoseyChickens

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Well the little one is out. VERY shakey. VERY tired. I am worried. No pips on any of the other eggs, day 22 today. Praying this does not go bad like the last hatch. 2 out of 12 in lockdown made it. [​IMG]

7. chickee

chickee Songster

Quote:Yay [​IMG] he's a fighter! He made it out [​IMG] How's he doing? It's only day 22 so there is still hope! [​IMG] What kind of incubator do you have? what temp and humidity did you keep it at during incubation and lockdown? Are these shipped eggs? These hatches are learning experiences and you will get better at it with time [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by