1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Great deal on a Solar Charger!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by mdzachgo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. mdzachgo

mdzachgo New Egg

Mar 20, 2013
    I purchased two 164' sections of fencing from Premier1 this week. I couldn't believe how fast I received them!

I shopped and researched chargers prior to completely stumbling onto a GREAT BARGAIN. I contacted Parmak USA to find out if their Parmak DF-SP-LI Solar Pack 6 that I found on Amazon would handle the Premier Netting. Sadly, the sales agent said it wouldn't do the job...BUT....the Parmak Magnum 12 Solar Pak would! Great...but Boooo...the price increased along with those jolts. I was back to trying to figure out how I was going to stretch extension cords all over our pasture to energize a charger without mowing them down.

Now for the good news! They have remanufactured units! I was able to get a remanufactured Parmak Magnum 12 Solar Pak unit for right around $200 and it carries a 2 year warranty just like a new one! So, if you are interested: Their info is

http://parmakusa.com/
    Parker-McCrory Mfg. Co.
    2000 Forest Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64108
    Toll-Free: 1 (800) 662-1038
    Phone: (816) 221-2000 Fax: (816) 221-9879
    Phones are answered M-F 7:30am - 4:00pm CST

I'm super excited to get it all set up. Now if I can get the spring weather behind me. Snow moving in tomorrow! Think it will have to wait for a warmer day! Hope this helps someone get as charged up as I am!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by