Great economic news, it's a new American automobile company !!!!

bayouchica

Songster
13 Years
Jan 23, 2007
N.E. Louisiana
My hometown of Monroe,Louisiana has lost several good employers in the last couple of years.

We got the news over the weekend that the old GM Headlamp plant that had closed is being bought by an auto company. It's going to employ more than 1,400 workers
woot.gif
They'll make the announcement tomorrow around noon.
http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20090616/NEWS01/906150318/1002/State-to-fund-Guide-plant-first

I'm so excited & can't wait to hear who it's going to be.Some folks are guessing it could be Fisker,Think or Mahindra trucks.

Heck, I don't care, my DH is desperate for a better job with some benefits.I'm sick & tired of him being gone during the week.

Well, there is a little glimmer of hope from our neck of the woods.

Miriam
smile.png

Last edited:
Good luck!! I hope its something just out of ths world, and your hubby is the first one they hire. I live in a recessed area, but we have a new sports complex coming to Vandalia, Illinois that Magic Johnson is one of the investors in, and a pro league soccer team will be located there, going to have a HUGE I-Max theatre, and other sports/entertainment things. Going to incorporate about 190 acres, so its going to really be a good employment help. About 600 jobs, and over 900 laboring jobs which is a great help. To the west of me is Greenville, Illinois and they are in the running for another industry, that is still a secret, but they want to be close to the RR, so everyone is thinking steel . . .and that will employ over 100 so that is a GREAT help there. Bucheitz farm supply just opened, and a beer distributor is building a huge warehouse in the industrial park, all this coming year and 2010, so in some areas things really are starting to pick up!!!

Wow! That is great news. It's nice to hear some good economic news for a change. Post an update tomorrow!

It's the best news we've had here in a long time.
wee.gif

My DH's job is starting to slow down & he was laid off for a couple of months this year.

I'll let yall know whoever it turns out to be.

Back
Top Bottom