Great Guard Dog Potential

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MissJenny, Sep 21, 2009.

1. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Just Friday on a busy four lane road at rush hour I found the nicest great big dog determined to cross the road. I pulled over and expected that he would not come to me -- but he sidled right up like we are old friends. I've had him checked for a chip -- none. I've done my due diligence to find his owner -- none. And right now he has taken up residence in my kitchen -- much to my own dog's chagrin. The cats are not happy about him either.

[​IMG]

He looks to be a Lab/Great Dane mix, about 8 mos old with the nicest disposition. He's wonderful with kids. He's very nice with other dogs (my little white dog keeps snapping at him, but he has yet to snap back.) He just looks at her like she's a nusance. He has lovely manners -- he sits for dinner and snacks and hasn't chewed any furniture or shoes.

He has displayed a few instances of being a good guard dog. I think he'd make a great guard dog for hens or a home in general. Asa single woman having dogs adds to my security.

If you are interested in this terrific dog PM me. For the right situation I will drive him anywhere.

(Edited to remove personal info--folks, Pm the OP for info on this dog)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
  2. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Aw, crud! Not only do I live in Atlanta, but I'm not allowed any more dogs due to severe allergies. Miss my old dog terribly too, whom I outlived rather than get rid of like the doc warned.

3. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Like I said, for the right situation I will drive him anywhere. Atlanta is not all that far from Cincinnati.

Sorry about your allergies -- they can wreak havoc on your system.

If you know anyone who would enjoy and take good care of this big guy don't hesitate to pass along my information.

Thanks loads,
    Miss Jenny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by