Great info for dog owners!

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Tonight DH and I were out in the yard with the dog. DH pulls a small 2"x4" cloth drawstring bag out of his pocket (he takes it with him to reenactments to hold money in). My dog, Bear, jumps up and takes it right out of DH's hand. Bear runs around the yard with me chasing him so I can grab it before he tears it up. Then I noticed he was CHEWING it!!! Well, after a couple more minutes trying to get it back he swallows it.
he.gif

I go in and call the vet. She said to mix 1/4 cup of Peroxide with 1/4 cup of milk and let him drink it. After 3 minutes he started to throw up. The bag came right out. He feels like crap now but at least the bag came out. He was pouting and slobbering for about 30 minutes but he's fine now.

Just wanted to let everyone know just incase someone has to induce vomiting for their dog.

Last edited:
Wow, That sure could have gone bad in a hurry. Im glad your vet was so helpfull. Thats a GREAT thing to know, about induceing vomiting. Just remember everyone...there are times to NOT induce...make sure you ask your vet if you are not sure!

Back
Top Bottom