great news, able to blend new chicks in

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bangor777, May 29, 2008.

1. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    So i have 6 original almost 5 week old chicks and i picked up 5 more of the same age from a fellow BYC'er. I was so nervous about introducing them, decided to try and place them together in the outside run and monitor, ready to intervene if there was any rough stuff. Well, they looked at each other....then went back to pecking and scratching through the grass....there was NO issue...at night fall they were all cuddled up together as though they'd always been together. Can you believe it?
    here I was ready for all this strife and nothing..I'm so excited. I only hope that my little ones (2 1/2 week olds) mix in this easy in a few weeks

[​IMG]

2. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    That is great news! It is always so wonderful when things happen the way they should and notso much they way you thought they would. Congrats and I hope they just keep doing better and the next mix in goes just as well. Trudy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  3. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    Glad to hear it! I might be blending some chicks with mine in about 6 weeks, so mine will be 8 weeks. I hope it goes as smoothly as yours did!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by