Great news all around!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by minna, Feb 8, 2009.

1. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    So, my dh and I got most of my bator improvements finished. We went from.....

[​IMG]
    notice the solid door!

To this..............

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    notice a TURNER!! (very excited about this)

We got it finished yesterday, let it run all afternoon and all night and I set my poor waiting eggs this afternoon. I really hope them sitting for a week didn't hurt them too bad.

That's two parts of the great news, bator up and going and eggs set.

Now for #3

I got my first egg from MY hens!
    I have been hatching eggs given to me from a friend. Then we bought a hen that was laying and she layed one the day after we got her, but I don't count it, b/c I figure it was already started and she just had to get it out, she hasn't layed since, that was last Sunday.
    I'm overly excited! Great chicken weekend for me!

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thats really nice

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    [​IMG]

Look at you go

4. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    WoW! That looks really cool! Congrats on the new egg too! [​IMG]

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Oh thats were my bator went. You cant send it back to m now, you can send the eggs too [​IMG]

6. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    LOL!!!! Do you believe someone gave me that incubator. It was sweet. My dh does some stump grinding in the summer and he was talking to a client about our chickens and he said " I have an incubator in the shed I haven't used in forever, you can have it" Dh called and I thought, there is no telling what it would be, and I was pleasantly surprised. We are still working on improvements, one step at a time. Dh called earlier and said the guy who gives me eggs had 3 dozen more that wouldn't fit in his bator and he was bringing them. So dh is dashing to the feed store to see if he can get another turner so I can set the other eggs in a few days , it will be my first staggered hatch. I will be rich in BO chicks in a month!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by