Great POV video on processing meaties

You are welcome. And I know what you mean. Grady Phelan (the guy in the vid) was involved in some of the earlier Featherman videos of Polyface processing. I've had the great fortune of helping him process when he was back here in Oklahoma, so got to see him process first hand. He is incredibly fast and efficient.

Like I said, he makes it look easy.

Who does he sell his meat birds too? I would love to do something like this but finding the market is my question.

The public...

He has a farm store. Google Polyface Farms.

This is not something that is profitable for the most of us. He is second generation into the farming business at least. It would take years and years (probably even many decades) to ever earn a profit from raising meat birds.
Here you have the birds processed by a processing plant to sell meat to the public.

ETA:
Quote:

Last edited:
I'm confused by this

"This is not something that is profitable for the most of us."

Joel has a book that tells you what to do, he has another farming and marketing book. They walk you through how to do it.

Check out bowhunters thread.

61 day old chicks ate 22.55lbs of feed per chick and averaged 7.14lbs processed. $.34 per pound of feed is $7.66 + $2.25 shipped for chicks = $9.91 cost with a retail of $21.42 ($3/lb)

I'd say that is really profitable.

His 42 day batch was smaller so only $3.18 profit per bird on those.

Back
Top Bottom