Great Processor in Western PA

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by homestead tim, Jun 28, 2011.

1. homestead tim

homestead tim Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Just got back from having my 49 meaties butchered. I live in NE Ohio and it was hard to find anyone who does it. Since i am a newbe, i wanted to learn how it is done and the right and wrong things to do. Got a number from a local farmer and I called and made an appointment for today. 1.5 hours away and i had a 7am appt. Loaded them up at the butt crack of dawn and took them on the trip. Got there and there were 4 people working. Very clean, and picky about the chickens. The equipment is over 30 years old but it works fantastic! They let me help. I not only did mine but i had the opportunity to do others while i was waiting. Great folks, and I'm very happy. Contact info Sturgin Poultry Exempted PL# 90-492 Clarks Mills, PA 724.301.1206 Becky and her crew are great.

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I have heard of them, what did you pay if you don;t mind me asking. They are about 50 min from me. I only have a few roos right now been thinking of getting some meaties though.

3. homestead tim

homestead tim Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Quote:Im sorry! I should have posted that. I paid 166.50 for 49 birds. I had most of the processed into 1/2's 1/4's and full cut up. Also had them packaged. Base rate was 2.50/bird i think. The other guys i found were over $5.00!!!! that is crazy. Tell her the good looking, red headed B.S.er sent you. lol!

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I will thanks, maybe you should get a finders feel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by