Great Pyr Female - Gastonia NC - FREE I think...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arlee453, Feb 27, 2008.

1. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Posting for a friend here...

He has a female Great Pyr dog - she MAY be pregnant by another Great Pyr, so any puppies would be full blooded. She is full blooded but doesn't have any papers. Not SURE how old she is - not geriatric, but I'll see if I can find out and update the post later.

Here's the rub...he needs to rehome her because she killed one of his peacocks, so you shouldn't consider her safe around poultry. I THINK he intends to give her away FREE to a good home. I'll verify that too when I ask about the age. If you are interested, please PM me and I'll get you in touch with him.

Gastonia NC is about 25 minutes SW of Charlotte, NC. I'd think pickup only, but if interested you can talk that over with him.

2. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    OH ! Put me in contact with him PLEASE! I can put her out in the goat pen (1+ acre) and she won't be able to eat any birds unless they go in there with her behind electric fence. I can handle puppies as I've been doing that for years and can maybe even find them good homes via here (byc) before they are old enough to go!

Please email me ASAP!! I'll talk to him or whatever I need to do.
    [email protected]

Stacy

3. arlee453

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Stacy,

I've left him a message to see how he would prefer to be contacted and also to make sure he still has the dog (he's asking around on his own too...)

I'll shoot you an email when I get a call back from him.

4. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Thank you!! Soon as I made my goat purchase last week I just knew I needed a great pry. to put in the pen with them!! [​IMG]

Stacy

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Little snot, Stacy! [​IMG] I want a pup!!! [​IMG]

(NO I don't. YES I do. No I don't. Yes I...hehe)

Ohhh...you should come get it this weekend and hit Salisbury on the way! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. arlee453

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Hey Asher - on a side note...I'm going to the show in Salisbury on Sat I hope. I grew up in Rowan county in Granite Quarry and graduated from East Rowan back in 87. That's 'home' to me!

Are you going to the poultry show? It's at the fairgrounds on Sat...

7. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I dunno if Asher signed off already, but she is going. I'm jealous. That's about all they seem to talk about on NCPoultry2 when the shows come up, and Salisbury sure has been brought up. [​IMG]

Stacy

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    DEFINITELY! :) I'll be the one with the white mini van and the NCPoultry posterboards and table set up. :)

9. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    Hey Stacy! Let me know how it goes and if you end up with the mother n pups. I can probably help you find homes for the puppies. May even want one for myself as I just got some goats, too.
    Kelly [​IMG]

*Hey what kind of goats did you get?

10. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I'm getting dairy goats. Since this is our first time really trying to deal with dairy goats, we got mixed breeds. Maybe I'll step it up at some other time, but for now I'm just tickled to be getting these. [​IMG]

What do you have?

Stacy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by