great Pyrenees

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by dkillgore, Aug 15, 2008.

1. dkillgore

dkillgore Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2008
    summertown tn
    wondering how many here share their home with this breed?
    This is Buddha our baby at 2 as of this july.[​IMG]

2. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Ahh what a handsome boy. [​IMG]
    We shared our home w/ "BEAR" for 18 years. Our GP, He past in Jan. He was a big baby and is missed dearly..

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Xena-100 lbs. 9 years old... Sadly shes about to be put down [​IMG]... Going blind. has no teeth, more medical problems happening to her etc. THEY are such great dogs though.

4. dkillgore

dkillgore Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2008
    summertown tn
    I am sorry about Xena-we just lost our golden(budda's mentor) last month to brain cancer.It was sudden and a hard decision was made due to severe seizures.
    It would be lovely if Buddha made it to 18 as your Bear did.
    All time we get with our animal friends is a great gift.

5. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
  6. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    OOOh I do![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:oh its fine, i look at things in positive ways (or try). for 9 years. she has protected me. my family. the people next door. and on down (which are family. grandpa. aunt, cousins etc). And my chickens. never caused problems or anything. I think she needs a rest :p. ( not saying i want her to die, but yeah. a retirement would work i guess lol)

EDIT: sorry to hear about your other dog.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  8. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I have a GP/Lab mix named Lucy. Love her dearly!

[​IMG][/img]

She's getting old, noone knows how old as she was a rescued dog. She only weighs about 80 lbs. Has a lot of the GP traits.

9. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    [​IMG]

This is Ellie Mae! I just posted about her yesterday to welcome her to our family. She is a GP/English Mastiff cross who looks like an overgrown yellow lab [​IMG] She is everything that is wonderful!!!!

10. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

This is our newest adoptee, his name is Boy about 6 mos old & 60lbs. He is currently in training and will be for the next year, but he protects our land & chickens from other animals and so forth.

Here he was when we found him, loaded with ticks and nastyness
    [​IMG]

And a week later during his post surgical (neuter) recovery, still needs grooming to remove that matted fur & to get a good look at his skin
    [​IMG]

And here's boy a couple of weeks ago, just after his first grooming. He was a MESS but now he's cute and we can get to know him. He was in great shape under all that fur
    [​IMG]

For now he sleeps at night in a crate out where he can keep an ear & eye out on the chicken coops, eventually he will be free to bed down wherever he wants but will still have his own place onthe front porch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by