Great riding in SC this weekend!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by GwenFarms, Mar 9, 2008.

1. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    I just got back from a weekend trip to the Double J Ranch in Whitmire, SC. If anyone has a chance to go, they should do it. They are a newer facility, but so worth the trip. I went on the best trails I've ever ridden, and I've ridden alot of them.

We took an advance ride and you wouldn't have believed the water crossing, jumping, sliding down hills we did. It was awesome for a flatlander like me. Lots of creek riding (keeps your boots good and clean [​IMG] ) They normally have river riding, but the river was very high, so we had to stay out.

The good news is: I only fell twice. Once on an unexpected jump and once when my stirrup broke, luckily it waited until we were cantering back into the camping area. If I don't take atleast one spill I think I'm doing something wrong [​IMG]

I'm sorer today than I've ever been from riding, but it was so worth it.

They have trails for the less adventuress too.

It was about a two hour drive for us. We are planning to go back for a big event they are having in May. I took my lap top, but we stayed so busy, we barely turned it on. This is a ride worth traveling for.

BTW SC/NC riders...Manchester's Spring Ride in Sumter is this weekend. I don't think we're gonna make it, but this is a nice ride too...nowhere near as adventuresome, but alot of fun and a great party. If you've never gone you should make the trip.

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Oh, I am GREEN with envy! This sounds like great fun!

I sold my seasoned trail horse in January. DH has a great trail horse, but I have only a very green young mare who is not near ready to come out of the ring and hit the trails. [​IMG]

Hey - next time take your camera so we can live vicariously, OK??!! Just put it in your pack so it won't get smashed when you are a dirt dart! [​IMG]

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I haven't been riding all winter. We just got dumped 18 inches of snow this weekend so riding out for another couple of weeks. Sounds like you had a great time.

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I am so jealous! I haven't been riding in almost 4 years!! I can't believe it's been that long. [​IMG]

Glad you had a great time. Sounds like an awesome experience. Yeah, pics next time!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by