great small farm blogs !!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenbuddy0, Jul 20, 2010.

1. chickenbuddy0

chickenbuddy0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    southwest Illinois
    Hello everybody !! I need some help. I spranged my ankle (badly) and am stuck in the house for a while. I need some farm blogs that are good for reading. You know, the ones where the person talks about their farm and shows pictures. I HAVE A COUPLE BOOK MARKED ON My P.C. BUT I really enjoy reading about what other farm people are doing. It's a lot funner than watching T V. PLEASE help me so I don't go stir crazzzzzzzzzzy!!!!! Thank you everyone and anyone who responds ![​IMG]

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  4. TiaView

TiaView Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    ChickenbuddyO,
    I broke my leg 8 weeks ago, so I know how you feel. Take it real easy so it will heal fast and try to enjoy the down time. I know it's not always easy.
    Cats Critters, thanks for the info...just realized this girl lives a few miles from my hobby farm. Small world.

5. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
  6. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    these are cool , ill have to check them out and ChickenbuddyO, Im sorry about your ankle, I know how you feel, I sprained my ankle in 8th grade (not too long ago, still in hs, juinor aka 11th grade next yr) falling through my brothers fort, he had built it years ago and its been sitting up there for years so the floor was kind of starting to rot and i guess i just stepped on a bad part of the floor or something and fell through, its a treehouse type thing in the woods near the edge of our yard, but luckily its only a few feet off the ground (prob 2-3ish) and im tall (like almost 6 ft), so i didnt fall far and only sprained it but it hurt like heck and we went to the doctor either that day or the next day, not sure, and they just put an Ace bandage thing (those strechy, usually tannish cloth bandage things) around it and gave me crutches, i think i had em for a while and hobbled around school, my friend(s) carried my bag, i think we were kinda late for classes more often cause i went so slow with the crutches... lol [​IMG] it wasnt too fun hobbling around with crutches though... lol [​IMG] so I know how you feel, sorry about that. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Xodrana

Xodrana Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    Try suzanne McMinn's blog "Chickens in the Road" will keep you busy all day and longer and keep you coming back. Best one ever except for BYC.

8. chickenbuddy0

chickenbuddy0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    southwest Illinois
    Thank you for the great blogs !! I've been looking em over and they are great ! I really am thankful to all of you who responded ! Isn't it fun to relax and see how other people handle their farms ? This winter, I might get some help (not great at computers yet) and create a blog about my farm too ! Thanks again !!!!!

9. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    I really enjoy Squash Blossom Farm, Mainley Ewes Farm, and Achorn Acres. I also have a blog about my homesteading/animals and other random stuff. Just click on my website thing under my name. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by