1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Great USPS!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Missouri chick, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    I HOPE I have this in the correct forum. Sorry if I goofed. [​IMG]

I wish everyone had my postal service people. There are so many bad reports on usps that I wanted to give you hope. I tears me up that other PO's aren't being careful. I've had live chicks and hatching eggs delivered recently. Never a cracked egg, never a damaged box and all chicks were alive and chirping. The hatchery had my phone number wrong on the box--the post office went as far as looking up my number in the phone book to call me.

I'm so pleased with them! [​IMG] There is hope of good service out there. I don't know why ours is good other than its a VERY small town P O. Not bragging or wanting controversy---just pleased.

(Homer Georgia Post office btw)

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG]

3. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    I have a good PO as well. My lady is retiring this year and one of the two subs will be taking over the route. Here's hoping all goes well with the switch.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I have a good one here too. Also very small town. I know once they make it here they'll be handled carefully.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  5. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I'm glad you had a positive experience....so many ppl have bad ones, I'm happy to finally hear a good report!!!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Our mail delivery person is awesome. She is very careful with everyone's packages, always parks outside the property and walks to the door with packages, and has a smile and wave for everyone.

7. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i live in a city,,, well im on the outskirts,, but the "main"PO does their job for over 250,000 people here,,, and im from a small,,VERY small town, and really expected to have poopy service here,,,,, wow was i wrong!! in fact, the dude that delivers the mail from the city before us calls me on his way to my PO, and when my PO calls, i tell em im standing in line lol.... my regular mail lady brings my eggs right to my porch and hands them to me,,,, her "replacement" that works 2 days a week tried to set them next to my box 1 day,,, after a little "talking" to the dude, and letting my regular mail lady know,,, i get service outta him too [​IMG]

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    My postal service is absolutely incredible. They are the best, they call me when I get eggs in and ask me if I want to pick them up or if I want them delivered. And they take very careful care of any packages I send. I love them!

9. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

AWWWW [​IMG] I want a small town mail post office!

My current mail lady is afraid of dogs, the previous one spoiled mine to getting doggy treats everyday, and so one day he was so excited to see the lady in blue, he went running out to greet her. She ran screaming into the street. [​IMG] My little yorkie excitedly following.

They threatened to suspend my mail service. [​IMG] She still won't deliver our mail if our big front door is open, even with the screen door closed. [​IMG]

10. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I have great mail service. We're also in a smallish town. The main post office is about 15 miles from here in a town of approx. 800 people.

There may be 5-10 people that live on my road. Most of these cabins are vacation homes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by