Great Week at the Fair

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by WindDancer, Aug 8, 2010.

1. WindDancer

WindDancer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Farmer City, IL
    Good morning everyone.... thought I'd drop in really quick to let everyone know what's been going on this past week..

First off... We have had a great week of showing at the McLean Co IL Fair in Bloomington IL. On Wed, Aug 4, Austin (my 10 yr old son) won Champion and Reserve Champion Mini Lop/Holland Lop and went on to win Grand Champion Over all [​IMG] then on Thurs Aug 5, Austin got Champion Commercial Pen of Old Hens... We are SO happy and wanted to share the news!! [​IMG]

On a side note... We are getting Partridge Wyandotte Bantams for our 8 yr old daughter to show next year in the fair!! She is SO excited.. and I cant wait to have some Bantams running around [​IMG]

Well... off to the fair again today.. Last day... It's been a long but exciting week... [​IMG]

Have a great Sunday

2. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Hey, that's exciting, congratulations to your family!

I have to ask, why do they have a contest for a Commercial Pen of Old Hens? (I've never been through the animal showing section of a fair, so I don't know any of this stuff.)

3. WindDancer

WindDancer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Farmer City, IL
    In order to exhibit in the egg classes yu have to show a pen of old hens. Since our RIRs are commercial/production quality we put them in commercial pen of old hens. We showed our eggs as commercial egg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by