1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Great Xmas gift price for little ones

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pelican49, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Okay, I was all done Christmas shopping except for stocking stuffers and I want to pick my daughter up a new mattress pad, her's is looking a bit ratty.

Anyway... when my daughter came home from work last night she said Toys R Us was having a big sale on games, especially games for little ones. I'm not convinced what they mean by BIG sale. My Grandson (just turned 5) is a game freak, but he only has "Candyland" and "Chutes & Ladders". Every night after dinner and dishes, here he comes with a game tucked under his arm and a "Granna, will you play a game with me?" Do you have any idea how tired I am of those 2 games? But I'm sure not gonna say no.

He has a birthday party to go to this Saturday, so figured we'd (my daughter & I) check it out today while he was at school. No short drive as the nearest city is 50 miles.

Well, I am now impressed and my Grandson will have 4 more packages under the tree. Good sale if you have any little ones to buy for.

Candyland and Chutes & Ladders, sale price $3, plus a $2 rebate. Game total $1.

Many other games including the 3 I got my Grandson in the $3-5 range, Ants in the Pants, Cootie & Hi Ho Cherry-O, sale price $5 plus $2 rebate, total $3. Many other titles.

Then some a little more, sale price $10, I also got him Hungry, Hungry, Hippos.

We decided to stick 9 more in the basket, 3 to put up for future birthday parties my Grandson will be invited to, 1 for this week's party and we put 5 in the Toys for Tots bin at the front of the store.

At any rate, excellent prices if you're buying for the 3+ age group who like games.

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow that IS a good price! Good Find Pelican!

3. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:You just made me hungry for pumpkin pie. And I have canned pumpkin in the cupboard! tee hee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by