GREATHORSE YOUR MARANS FROM WHEATIES ARE PIPPING

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jamie821, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Jamie821

Jamie821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    So far two wheatons pipped and three copper blacks. Alot of rocking and rolling going on in bator. Going to be a long night. But a fun one I hope. I will come back with updates as soon as anything changes. Need alot of hatching vibes and hatching dances out there. Hang in there Paul we will get through this.

2. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Thanks Jamie,

I have had some terrible hatches on shipped eggs here in Colorado. As luck would have it my good freind Jamie is a few miles from Wheatie and has graciously undertaken the task of hatching my eggs. I am anxiously awaiting the results.

We need a better dancer than myself doing the hatch dance.

I still get frustrated with the hatches from shipped eggs, as I am just completing a hatch of my own mutts, looks like it will be a 90 + percent hatch.

When someone discovers the secret to high altitude hatching of shipped eggs am all ears. I also have some RIR in the bator that were shipped they look iffy, it drives me nuts.

3. Jamie821

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    hey Paul let me know how your RIRs do if no luck there is a friend of wheaties that has the old fashion ones not far from here. If you want and you decide to I could do this with those. Will let you know how things are going as soon as anything else happens will post pics when there is something to take them of. Go chickies go.

4. Jamie821

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    new update. Your first baby is here. Its a black copper. Started zipping and was out in three minutes. More pips, 5 wheatons and 4 black coppers. One wheaton is starting to zip. Some of the others are rocking. Another update as soon as something else happens.

5. greathorse

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Now if you could please just ask them to be about 80% pullets and all feather legged and perfectly colored and perfectly combed and Hmm let me see I bet I can think of a few more criteria. Just so you know I spoil very quickly

6. Jamie821

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    lol Ill see if talking to them does any good. A wheaton is out now and there are 11 more pipped. Like I said going to be a long night. But worth it. The little black copper is up running to every egg that peeps. I will take pics when there is more to see. Its not easy getting pics inside a sportsman but will do the best I can. Will keep updating and will call them girls so they get the idea.

7. Jamie821

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    New update. I think I have counted right so far 10 black coppers and 5 wheatons are out running and drying. More zipping and more pips and still rocking and rolling. We will be mailing them to you tomorrow. We have to have them at the post office by 4pm. They are being overnighted and they say they should arrive by 3pm. If you want to pick them up at your po make sure you call them. Please let us know when they arrive so I can quit worrying. As I am sure you know they will need water and food as soon as they get there. And I am sure you know how to dip their beaks in the water. They are so cute cant wait for you to see them. I tried to take pics but in the sportsman it is to dark and all you see is a form not worth showing but you will be seeing them soon. One black copper pipped the small end of the egg so dont think it will make it all i can do is wait till hatch is over and check on it. will update more as soon as more hatch. Jamie

8. greathorse

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Thanks Jamie that is awesome. I will PM as well. I am ready for them and the weather here in Colorado is great. Dont want to upset all of the folks in the east, but must be 70 degreess right now.

Dont hate me.

9. greathorse

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    double post sry

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by