Green Duckling PICS!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by coloradochick, Mar 12, 2008.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    So, I go to the Merchantile (our version of the TSupply store) to get another feeder and waterer (larger ones). Forgetting that they were getting there "Colored" chicks and ducks in this week. (Thursday was what the girl said) So I remembered this and thought Whew it's only Wednesday I'm safe. HAHAHAHAHA was I wrong. And my 6 year old happened to be with me. [​IMG] So guess what we brought home. A green duck of all things. Have no idea what kind, just green. The girl says you'd better get two. I said "I'm pushing it with one." And it will have lots of buddys with my 16 3 week old bantams.

Will post pics later. [​IMG]

edited with pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I think you should name it Patrick! lol!

3. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    That's too funny because that was one of the names I threw out to my daughter and she said "Mooom" like it was the stupidest name she'd ever heard. You know, it wasn't Fluffy or Poofy, the names she was throwing out. So we'll see.

edited to add: The man that helped me said that they had already had people threaten to turn them in for coloring the chicks and ducklings. There's a woman in Boulder that has been dying her poodle pink with Beet juice in support of Breast Cancer Awareness and she's in a heep o trouble for it.

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    I want a picture! I always make it clear to pet store or feed store people that I know what I am doing because they try to point our stupid things.

5. Ilikechickens!

Ilikechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    COLARADO
    yes pics. I know (im in CO too) I dont see what all the fuss is about on the news&radio Its just beet juice its not TOXIC!

6. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    pictures. pictures. pictures. common we're starting a riot here. [​IMG]

7. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    when you said riot the first thing i thought of was Three Days Grace. I'm such a bad person.... [​IMG]

8. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Im sorry but that is ugly. Not the duck, that artificial color. Looks like somebody puked on the poor guy.

9. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Anyone know what kind it is? [​IMG] The farm store hadn't a clue.

10. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Probably a Pekin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by