Green Earlobes

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sunshine0235, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    My 23 week old EE has green earlobes and I was wondering what egg color she will lay? Why are they green? My other chickens have red earlobes and I havent seen much about green earlobes.

[​IMG]

They are actually a little greener in real life.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. juliawitt

juliawitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    Now you've done it......I MUST look at my EEs ear lobes! I can't wait to see. You must post if she lays green eggs!

3. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I've never seen that before, so I couldn't say. Mine has such a bushy beard that you can't see her earlobes. I'll have to check under her fluff when I get home because now I'm curious. [​IMG]

4. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    here is a shot of one of my 19 week old pullets...I will have to check under her fluff to see now!

[​IMG]

5. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    Quote:WOW! be sure to update with her first egg! Now I've gotta go check my EEs...lol. That would be interesting if her egg color is as pretty as her earlobe color!

6. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

A bunch of my Meditterean breeds have green earlobes but now I can't remember which one's. I just know they are all supposed to lay white eggs. I didn't get them for egg color. I selected them for heat tolerance, small size and looks.

7. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Quote:That is a super cool looking bird! I think I'm going to order some EEs this coming spring... I love green/blue eggs!

8. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    My ee who looks just like that has blue earlobes. She lays blue eggs. Other people have told me though that their ee's with blue lobes lay brown eggs. My ee with reddish earlobes lays greenish blue eggs. So apparently, it's anybody's guess when it comes to ee's. Very pretty, esp. the lobes!

9. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Yes I agree that this bird has white egg layer in her. I doubt that she'll lay blue or green eggs because those are linked to pea combs, and red earlobes (not 100% of the time, but the genetics are very closely located next to each other, and are thus usually inherited together).

I would put money on your girl giving you either white, or very pale tinted eggs.

10. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Quote:Wow, that is Cool [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by