Green egg envy

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
OK ok ok... already.

UNCLE!!

I've been debating which breeds to add to my flock next month. All these green egg threads done broke me: I'll make sure an EE is in the brooder.

thumbsup.gif
They are very nice chickens !!! plus the green and blue eggs are sooooo pretty !!!!

i will always have some EEs in my flock..
i would MUCH rather have "pure" ameracaunas.. but i guess it is getting harder to find them.. all of the hatcherys now are getting LAZY, and supplying EEs instead of trying to keep lines pure...
or am i wrong.. are they all EEs now???
i WANT the ones with poofy cheeks and beards, that lay green and blue eggs..

My friend gave me the cutest little blue hen last week. It looks mostly like a blue cochin, but with a few streaks of brown in her neck and a tiny crest, a pea comb and she lays beautiful delicat mint green eggs! She looks young, like about eight months old or so. I am STOKED! I am going to try to make blue/black mottled cochin-like chickens with pea combs that lay blue/green eggs maybe... She is really a nice bird. I will have to get some pics of her.

i have a couple bantie americanaX bantie cochin... they are great.. but only 1 lays green,, the others lay pink (thinking about it they have single combs)

I just went searching for EE bantam eggs in the sell section...PMed two people! I had some crossed up birds I sold then got some eggs from a little girl here in school but I just gotta have some of my own! I
love.gif
them purty birds and eggs! My wife is so going to kill me...
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom