Green egg envy

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JennsPeeps, Jan 15, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    OK ok ok... already.

UNCLE!!

I've been debating which breeds to add to my flock next month. All these green egg threads done broke me: I'll make sure an EE is in the brooder.

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] They are very nice chickens !!! plus the green and blue eggs are sooooo pretty !!!!

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I said uncle too. I ordered 10 more EE's from Ideal

4. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    i will always have some EEs in my flock..
    i would MUCH rather have "pure" ameracaunas.. but i guess it is getting harder to find them.. all of the hatcherys now are getting LAZY, and supplying EEs instead of trying to keep lines pure...
    or am i wrong.. are they all EEs now???
    i WANT the ones with poofy cheeks and beards, that lay green and blue eggs..

5. MrsShag

MrsShag Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Me too [​IMG] Just got 2 ameracauna chicks last week end. Can't wait for the pretty eggs.

6. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I love my green egg laying machines. Not to mention all th epretty colors EE's come in.

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    My friend gave me the cutest little blue hen last week. It looks mostly like a blue cochin, but with a few streaks of brown in her neck and a tiny crest, a pea comb and she lays beautiful delicat mint green eggs! She looks young, like about eight months old or so. I am STOKED! I am going to try to make blue/black mottled cochin-like chickens with pea combs that lay blue/green eggs maybe... She is really a nice bird. I will have to get some pics of her.

8. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    i have a couple bantie americanaX bantie cochin... they are great.. but only 1 lays green,, the others lay pink (thinking about it they have single combs)

9. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I just went searching for EE bantam eggs in the sell section...PMed two people! I had some crossed up birds I sold then got some eggs from a little girl here in school but I just gotta have some of my own! I [​IMG] them purty birds and eggs! My wife is so going to kill me...[​IMG]

10. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    I......um.......I

UNC.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by