1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Green egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by borzoimom, Oct 23, 2013.

1. borzoimom

borzoimom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2012
    Indiana
    I have had chickens for about a year and a half now. All brown egg layers. Last spring I got a couple of Easter Egger chicks and yesterday got the first egg from one of them. It was a pretty blue-green. Silly to be excited about a new egg, but I was. I am hoping the other EE will lay green or pink as I hatched out some Ameraucana eggs last summer and have two pullets from that hatch that will lay blue eggs soon. I have a very diverse mixed flock, I like a "pretty flock" with no two alike and a mix of egg colors. I have more eggs ordered for delivery in Dec. for some chocolate egg layers. The only two chickens of mine that look alike are my two blue-wheaton Ameraucana roosters.

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congratulations on the Green Egg! I really like a colorful flock and egg basket also. The green/blue egg shades are my favorite, so neat that pretty much no two are alike. Hope your other girl lays a nice colorful egg for you also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by