green eggs, are they healthy to eat or could they make u sick

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickensrock12, Mar 13, 2016.

1. chickensrock12

chickensrock12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2015
    Utah
    MY CHICKENS are EASTER EGGERS. Do you think it is safe to eat their eggs. be cause my mom is having a baby and she cant have them, only pastorated eggs. I think they are kindof safe to eat. But every one i tell get gagey or say would it be safe to eat them. so tell me what u think. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Westmarch

Westmarch Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2014
    Green and blue chicken eggs are nutritionally identical to white and brown eggs - they are exactly the same and perfectly safe. The only difference is the color of the shell.

3. birds4kids

birds4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    Did you mean pasteurized?
    I would think any eggs fine long as they are cooked. Pasteurized basically means cooked.

4. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    Looking forward to my hens laying....
    [​IMG]

5. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    As long as you don't see the eggs you'll never know what color the shells were. As long as all your girls get the same food the eggs will be exactly the same I sell white, brown, and green eggs and nobody cares about color.
    Many people would love to have those dark green eggs. I have one customer who won't eat eggs from the store because of those chickens diet.

6. ChickenMammX4

ChickenMammX4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2015
    SW Ohio
    The shell color has nothing to do with the actual egg inside. Taste, quality or safety.

When our niece was pregnant she refused my offer of fresh eggs since they weren't "pasteurized". I asked her what the heck is a pasteurized egg??? Pasteurized foods are processed with heat (cooked) to kill bacteria. Store bought eggs aren't pasteurized either. As long as the eggs aren't eaten raw there shouldn't be any safety concerns.

7. BBQJOE

BBQJOE Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Void where prohibited.
    I' guessing the OP has never had green eggs and ham?

8. chickensrock12

chickensrock12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2015
    Utah
    So cute how old are they. Have they started to lay, tell me soon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by