green eggs, are they healthy to eat or could they make u sick

chickensrock12

Songster
8 Years
Sep 22, 2015
Utah
MY CHICKENS are EASTER EGGERS. Do you think it is safe to eat their eggs. be cause my mom is having a baby and she cant have them, only pastorated eggs. I think they are kindof safe to eat. But every one i tell get gagey or say would it be safe to eat them. so tell me what u think.
idunno.gif

images
hu.gif

Green and blue chicken eggs are nutritionally identical to white and brown eggs - they are exactly the same and perfectly safe. The only difference is the color of the shell.

Did you mean pasteurized?
I would think any eggs fine long as they are cooked. Pasteurized basically means cooked.

As long as you don't see the eggs you'll never know what color the shells were. As long as all your girls get the same food the eggs will be exactly the same I sell white, brown, and green eggs and nobody cares about color.
Many people would love to have those dark green eggs. I have one customer who won't eat eggs from the store because of those chickens diet.

The shell color has nothing to do with the actual egg inside. Taste, quality or safety.

When our niece was pregnant she refused my offer of fresh eggs since they weren't "pasteurized". I asked her what the heck is a pasteurized egg??? Pasteurized foods are processed with heat (cooked) to kill bacteria. Store bought eggs aren't pasteurized either. As long as the eggs aren't eaten raw there shouldn't be any safety concerns.

Back
Top Bottom