1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Green Eggs for Easter?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Elgy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Elgy

Elgy New Egg

Apr 5, 2012
    Hello BYC Crew,

I know I'm getting a late start, but I'm hoping to find someone in the Snohomish - Lake Stevens - Everett area in Washington State that would be willing to sell me a few Americauna eggs.
    A number of years ago, an Americauna chicken adopted us as it's home base. This happened over a few months time, and the chicken, that I named "Click" became a very interesting part of the family. We didn't even know her breed until I discovered a pile of blue-green eggs in the middle of a brush pile I was "processing". She was a very independant character and spent her days roaming the neighborhood. Eventually I managed to set up a dishpan high up in the carport that she found acceptable and we had many eggs for a good while.
    We had a tradition back then at Easter, of having an egg cracking contest using a couple dozen boiled eggs, with the holder of the last uncracked egg being named the champion. Clicks eggs dominated, as her shells were much tougher than the store bought eggs we had.
    Sadly, about 6 years ago, a neighborhood dog ended Click's run. We have since moved and our two girls have grown and have their own places.

This Sunday, we are going to one daughter's place to do the egg cracking contest, and I really want to see the look on her face when I pull an Americauna egg out of my pocket! Do you have some local members that might be able to help me with this?

Thanks, -Brian- (Lake Stevens, WA)

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. If you were closer I could help you out. I love the blue eggs we get daily. :thumbsup

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello and :welcome
    That's a very interesting tradition you have in your family, it sounds fun! As for eggs, you can post in either Buy sell trade (I think they have a "want to buy" section... or at least they used to) or in your state's thread in Where am I? Where are you! I know Washington has one of the longest and most active threads on the forum. Good luck, I hope you get your eggs!

4. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

[​IMG]

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by