green eggs

Duckie48

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 18, 2014
Lockyer Valley SE Qld
I was given 4 chicks a few months ago in exchange for my rooster. (I had 3) One chick is a frizzle which is a rooster (bummer) very nice bird. The other 3 are 2 white with a couple of flecks of black and 1 black. They are all of a smaller stature, not large like an austral orp or some such breed and peck my legs if a bit tardy feeding them.
The frizzle boy is really nice, he is also game enough to knock my main rooster off the job when on a hen. (My main boy is a Sussex cross). He (little bob) has more gall than size. He is a rusty red and brown ish.
The neighbour (Bob) that did the swap has named his rooster Allan. That is my man's name. So I named the frizzle little Bob.
The thing is this. One of the little girls is laying a bluey/green egg. I will have to ask him the breed it came from.

The white cochins with black flecks will be splahes (I have a very light splash hen, she only has a few dark feathers <3) If its one of your cochins that you belive are laying the eggs I probably wouldnt think they are cochins since they are supposed to lay a creamy egg, do you have any pictures? :)

I will take a photo of the girls. what is EE.....
wink.png
??

Sounds like an Easter Egger. I sell eggs and mix their colored eggs in with the various shades of eggs produced. Clear cartons show the color off and my customers enjoy the variety. I really like the Easter Egger.

Back
Top Bottom