1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

green eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Duckie48, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Duckie48

Duckie48 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2014
    Lockyer Valley SE Qld
    I was given 4 chicks a few months ago in exchange for my rooster. (I had 3) One chick is a frizzle which is a rooster (bummer) very nice bird. The other 3 are 2 white with a couple of flecks of black and 1 black. They are all of a smaller stature, not large like an austral orp or some such breed and peck my legs if a bit tardy feeding them.
    The frizzle boy is really nice, he is also game enough to knock my main rooster off the job when on a hen. (My main boy is a Sussex cross). He (little bob) has more gall than size. He is a rusty red and brown ish.
    The neighbour (Bob) that did the swap has named his rooster Allan. That is my man's name. So I named the frizzle little Bob.
    The thing is this. One of the little girls is laying a bluey/green egg. I will have to ask him the breed it came from.

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    The white cochins with black flecks will be splahes (I have a very light splash hen, she only has a few dark feathers <3) If its one of your cochins that you belive are laying the eggs I probably wouldnt think they are cochins since they are supposed to lay a creamy egg, do you have any pictures? :)

3. Duckie48

Jul 18, 2014
    Lockyer Valley SE Qld
    I'll see if I can put some in.

4. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Sounds like you have an Ameruacana or an EE.....;)

Best wishes....

Cheers!

5. Duckie48

Jul 18, 2014
    Lockyer Valley SE Qld
    I will take a photo of the girls. what is EE.....[​IMG] ??

6. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    EE: easter egger chicken
    A mixed breed that lays colored eggs:)

7. wheels74

wheels74 Just Hatched

Mar 20, 2017
    Louisburg, NC
    Sounds like an Easter Egger. I sell eggs and mix their colored eggs in with the various shades of eggs produced. Clear cartons show the color off and my customers enjoy the variety. I really like the Easter Egger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by