Green Eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by detali, Nov 13, 2009.

1. detali

detali Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    My Buff Orpintons started laying today. I brought in two eggs. I thought the shell color was supposed to be brown, But they are a tan/green.
    Are my chickens weird?

2. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    Can you post pics of the eggs and the chickens?

3. South Hill Chickens

South Hill Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    I have three Orps and a sex-link weirdo that was supposed to be an Orp. Anyhoot, the three ops lay very light tan to almost white eggs. The weirdo lays dark brown, almost round eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  4. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd say if you like Ham - you could have a great meal with a fox in a box on a train in the rain!! nothin better than green eggs n ham!

[​IMG]

5. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] We think alike!!

6. detali

detali Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    I discovered today that it is not my Buff Orpingtons laying those green eggs, although they are six months old and should start laying any day soon, but it is my little whitey I call Spot. She is six weeks younger than the Buffys, of a Heintz 56 variety. That is really weird, a little white hen, and I mean little, with black legs, who gives me olive green eggs. I caught her in the act today.

7. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Ok, we'll go easy on you since you are new, but around here, if you ask questions about color or breed, you MUST post pics!!! Otherwise we get a little 'testy' [​IMG]
    And we just really, really like pictures!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  8. Jilara

Jilara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Bay Area, CA
    Yep, we want both egg and chicken pictures. Can't get enough of them.

9. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe a Silkie Bantam? I dunno - I'm jealous~ wish I had green eggs. They are so pretty! We have some pink, just the pullet eggs and then plain ol brown.

http://www.mypetchicken.com/chicken-breeds/breed-list.aspx

Try the link above - it gives you pictures of the chickens when you click on the name. The green eggs are listed as tinted. You may have already tried it... just a thought! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by