Green feathers on a BR?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by melissastraka, Apr 17, 2009.

1. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    My BRs are now starting to sprout green tail feathers!?! I know they are really bad barring and horrible genetics but why green? I thought in the beginning that they might be Doms but this is just weird...would that mean they are roos? I have one pure breed hen but no pure breed rooster in the BR so I dont know what is right or wrong...roos will be going to the table tomorrow so i am really trying to make sure i dont cull any of my hens from my "backyard" flock...

(The pures are going to be separated as soon as i find a good roo for all of my 8 pure breeds)

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They are probably black sexlink roos, not BRs, Melissa. We can tell you if you post pics. BSL roos look like badly barred BRs, often with green tailfeathers.

3. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    You know how nuts I am going over all of these birds! I think you are the only one I have ranted on! Thank God you are here or I would be lost! I'll go grab some picts after lunch and during nap time...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by