Green House designs

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Cold Canadian, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Cold Canadian

Cold Canadian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Manitoba Canada
    Not sure if there is a place on the site that might contain pictures and instructions from other members that show how and what there home made green houses look like ? I am planning on building one before the snow flies around here so that it's ready come spring of next year ? If you have a homemade greenhouse ...........please post the pictures and what you used to make it etc

2. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    I'm planning on building one too and I found this website that has some awesome ideas.
    www.pvcplans.com

3. Daisy8s

Daisy8s Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Central Michigan
    We're building one right now. We're using Suntuf clear panels for the roof and clear plastic around the walls to be more economical. In the future we'll replace the plastic with more Suntuf.

The greenhouse will double as an indoor chicken run during deep snow--they won't walk in it and I'm not shoveling for a chicken! The coop and greenhouse are separated by a 10x6 covered run that becomes their predator-proof indoor run if we're gone overnight (normally they free range without any fencing).

I was going to put the greenhouse right up to the coop but I was worried about trapping heat in the coop during the summer so the open air 10x6 covered run became the solution.

4. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I was thinking it would be cool to make a giant greenhouse for tropical plants and tropical birds. Do you have photos of your greenhouse Daisy8s? I want to find an easy way to make one that will last for a long time and won't be too expensive... Do you need anything special in them if you are keeping birds inside like special air systems? I would build an outdoor run attached to it so the birds could get out of it in the spring and summer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by