Green House Frames

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Reeves, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Reeves

Reeves Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This past summer I bought two green house frames. Each 100' x 20' and 10' at the peak.
    Spacing is at 4' centers.
    I'm told a person could stretch out the spacing to 8' centers, when used as an aviary.
    I'll keep it at 4'. This way, the next owners of my place will have the option of having them as "real" green houses.

I have a couple designs in mind.
    One is to have one set up north to south, devide in the center (1000 sq. ft. each end) and a building on each end.
    Wife wants White Peafowl. I want Blackshoulder (again).

With the other one, split in half, and build two more aviaries going east/west, on the west side of the long one, making a square U shape.

There are 25 frames per green house.
    The second idea is to use 19 frames, (approx 1520 sq. ft. each) for the Peafowl.
    This would leave 12 frames (approx 960 sq. ft.) for a third aviary, for another Pheasant species.
    All three built east/west.

Been "building" in my head, as per my normal.
    One thing still giving me a head ache....what "special" kind of building, and how to match up with the end of the frames.....also what kind of finish on the outside of the buildings.
    Same as in the topic "Newest Avairy" ?
    Cedar ?
    or ?

I have time to come up with a plan.....

2. G Wiz Ranch

G Wiz Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Lompoc, CA
    I have been looking for green house frames in my area, no luck yet. What to you plan to use as netting/wire?

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I have one if I ever get it put up. Still lost as to how you put plastic on it.

4. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by