1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. lbchickens9

lbchickens9 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2012
    Yesterday my husband noticed our Millie fleur hen limping. I examined her and found the color of her leg was a light to medium green. I have her in a 3'x4' pen and there was no change today. She doesn't seem to be in any pain only limps pretty badly. What could be the green?

2. Kjordanov

Kjordanov Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2012
    NW
    My one hen has light green legs. Has your hen always had green legs and you just never noticed?? She could have just twisted it or stepped on something.

3. lbchickens9

Nov 5, 2012
    She has only one green leg and I never noticed it before. Could she have a sprain? Would a sprain cause the leg to be green?

4. Kjordanov

Jul 19, 2012
    NW
    Okay so maybe the green is bruising. Yea maybe or twisted it somehow. Could it have gotten caught in the fence? Maybe give her a warm bath? Or if it's warm to the touch melt a ice cube on it!

5. lbchickens9

Nov 5, 2012
    My chickens are free range so no fence to get tangled in. I'll try the warm bath tomorrow. Thanks.

6. Kjordanov

Jul 19, 2012
    NW
    Weird must've twisted it somehow :( Let me know how it goes!

7. Kjordanov

Jul 19, 2012
    NW
    My chicken caught some sickness from the weather I'm thinking as it dropped more than 20 degrees overnight and she passed this morning :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by