Green Lumps In Poo And Tipsy Behavior

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LaurenLauren2007, Dec 21, 2011.

1. LaurenLauren2007

LaurenLauren2007 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    My 8 week old rooster just started tipping over backwards. I have him separated him from the rest of the crew just to be on the safe side. He hasn't been eating or drinking much so I hand fed him today and let him stretch his legs for a little while and this is what I got:
    [​IMG]
    He hasn't eaten anything but starter crumbles and I recently gave him a chick vitamin supplement in his water, thinking his drunken behavior might be a vitamin deficiency. Any ideas? I really don't want to lose him.

2. fancyfeathers38

fancyfeathers38 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia.
    I hope Im not right but the green lumps in his poo look a lot like snail pellets.
    Could he have had any access to these?
    If so there's not much you can do for him.[​IMG]

3. LaurenLauren2007

Nov 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    No. They went from their brooder straight to their new coop. They are not allowed to free range yet so he has only consumed the medicated starter/grower I have out. I have to say I agree with you; I thought it looked like rat poison.
    I am really worried because I can't find anything about it on the internet and I don't know if its contagious.[​IMG]

4. BamaSilkies

BamaSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Alabama
  5. fancyfeathers38

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia.
    If he hasnt had any exposure to poisons then the best thing to do would be to wait and see what happens. But keep him inside and feed him some scramled egg to keep his strenth up.
    Ive never heard of the symtons you described, but do you think it could be Mareks? Could you post some pics of him? Has he been vaccinated for anything?

Anyone else with more nowledge with this? [​IMG]

6. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    You have me stumped lol x

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  7. LaurenLauren2007

Nov 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I will post pics this evening. He hasn't been vaccinated so I'm not sure its not mareks, just praying its not. I checked on him this morning and noticed he had ate and drank on his own though [​IMG] not a lot, but some is better that none.

8. BamaSilkies

BamaSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Alabama
  9. fancyfeathers38

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia.
    It really good that he's eating on his own. Can't wait for pics.[​IMG]

10. LaurenLauren2007

Nov 7, 2011