Green Nostrils/Infection. Need help with antibiotics!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Firearia, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Some of my buff orpingtons have a pearly green nostrils. I was wondering if it was some kind of infection... If you need pictures just ask. Sorry for not much information... [​IMG]

Read below for my antibiotic questions please. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    Alright then, I'll ask...we need pictures!

3. Firearia

Ok, I'll run down and get pictures later today when I have time. [​IMG]

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Is there any green water around? My ducks had green bills last week and I found a mossy puddle they were drinking out of. As soon as I removed the water they went back to drinking out of their bowls and the green bills went back to normal colors.

5. debbieandbrucebuck

debbieandbrucebuck Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    I've had some chicks with sinus infections. You can see like crusty/shiny yellow-green discharge. Antibiotics will clear this right up. If you look it up on the web you can see pictures, you will be able to tell if that's what it is. Usually the side of their face swells too.

6. Firearia

I've figured out it is some kind of infection, my poor little Stormy sneezes and stuff flies everywhere. Plus he has what seems to be snot running down his nose sometimes.

Help with the antibiotics? Will my local feed store/bucker fields carry it? This also means no more organic eggs right? xD Oh well, that doesn't matter as long as my birds are healthy.

7. atimme

atimme Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Chicago
    Nope, no more organic eggs but it's for the best. Duramycin or Terramycin work well for respiratory infections and are available at many feed stores, TSC, and Farm & Fleet.

8. Firearia

Thank you so much, I'll get my mother to drive me to the feed store as soon as possible tomorrow. I hope nothing happens over night. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by